Saturday, February 20, 2021

Benching Gomel After Receiving The Second Dose of the Vaccine


What is this feeling?

Three days ago

I received the second of two doses

Of the Moderna vaccine.

And this feeling, what is it?


I am so mindful of the privileges

Of skin, class, nationality, neighborhood

To access the vaccine

And I am not strong enough to turn it down.


And I am so mindful

Of the inspiration and efficiency,

The hard work and creativity

And the accumulation of knowledge

That brought me to this moment. 

No miracles were wanted or needed,

For this vaccine

Only science and money,

But still,

Isn’t it amazing?


What is this feeling?

Is this safety?

Do I feel...good?

Some of the fear 

Is over

For me.


May everyone everywhere receive their two doses

And may the side effects be mild and effective

And may we all feel good, and safe.


Blessed HaShleimut, the Holy Wholeness,

Creating Sanctuary

We give thanks.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment